Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chit Chat with Kamal Hassan

kamal hassan


Kamal Hassan's latest movie Eenadu (remake of A Wednesday) is all set to release on 18 September.

You had been acting in films for the past 50 years. Do you find any of the scenes in Eenadu challenging enough?
Each and every scene of Eenadu film is challenging.

How do you enact on sets?
For the past few years, I am involving myself in scripting and writing apart from acting. For Eenadu also I worked on the script. My writing and scripting helps me understanding the character better and it helps acting easier.

What is the reason for selecting Chakri Toleti as director of Eenadu?
I liked his enthusiasm when I went to Los Angeles to shoot for Dasavatharam movie. He brought up the offer himself. He knew that I would give him a chance if he comes with the right project.

How different is Eenadu from A Wednesday?
The performance varies from person to person. Naseeruddin Shah has a style of interpreting the character and I have different style. Likewise, the director too presented the movie in his own style. There is a different way of looking at and reacting towards terrorism in Mumbai and Hyderabad. Hence Eenadu film will be different from A Wednesday.

You have used RED camera. Is the quality or price that matters at the end of shoot?
RED camera is flexible. It is the future. Digital cinema is the future. I have used RED camera for the flexibility it offers. Not because it's cheaper in cost.

You told that performing 10 roles in Dasavatharam was a satire on your dual role films. Are you planning to stop doing double roles in future?
I did dual roles in 20 films so far and I wanted to give a complete treat with 10 roles in Dasavatharam. I want to put an end to dual roles. But I am not the only one who makes the decision.

Your directorial venture Virumandi (Pothuraju) was a well-directed commercial hit and it had Rashomon type of narrative. When can we expect another film in your direction?
Most of the people might think that Virumandi is a medium budgeted film. But it was an expensive film. It was more expensive than Thevar Magan. I am little dissatisfied with titling the film as Pothuraju with a tagline 'Cheppinattu Chestadu' for the Telugu dubbed version. I wanted it to be titled as Pothuraju Cheppinattu (just like they write in FIR). But the people who bought it in Telugu looked at it as a commodity and titled it as per their wish. I was to direct Marmayogi, but was shelved due to various reasons.

Your Dasavatharam was an extravagant movie made on high budget and it did well at box office?
Yes. There is lot of potential for well made high-budgeted films. Magadheera is the recent example of the stamina of our cinema if producers spent money on making the movies with high technical values and rare backdrops. I am going to direct a film soon.

Can you sum of Eenadu in one line?
I am sum it up in word word - Eenadu. It reflects today's threat of terror.

visit Eenadu's Orkut Community at http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=93621841

visit Eenadu's Facebook Community at http://www.facebook.com/Eenadu

No comments: